GUI toolkit

Cary Coulter cwc_NO at sound_NO.net
Wed Nov 14 21:30:33 EST 2001

While I've learned a lot of Python in the last year, all my scripts
have run from the command line or as CGI programs.  I'm very happy
with it all.

I am interested in developing gui wrappers for a couple of my command
line scripts to make them easier to use, especially under Windows.  I
don't have any experience with the gui toolkits yet.  I'm looking for
some hints on the pros/cons to help make a good choice.  I'm really
looking at just learning one of them.

I have looked at the demos for wxPython.  Have to say I like what I
see, but I haven't tried to develop anything yet.

Platforms would be Linux (primary), Windows, and AIX (didn't see any
prebuilt code for wxPython).

Your help/ideas are greatly appreciated.

TIA
Cary