Is this considered black magic?

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Tue Nov 13 06:31:32 EST 2001

Bill.Scherer
>UML refers to methods as 'operations', and the uncallable
>attributes as 'attributes'...

I know.  This is what got me into this mess in the first place...

Andrew Dalke
>Python calls them "members".

seems a bit risqué to me, Andrew...

Emile van Sebille
>Property?

I don't think so.  Maybe too much LISP...

Christian Tanzer
>Well, why not just call them (plain old) attributes and callable
>attributes?

The idea is to prevent the error I made, thinking that getattr was only
for (plain old) attributes.  Changing all references to methods to
say callable attributes instead would achieve this, but it sits ugly in my
mouth.  I couldn't stop using the word method.

Skip Montanaro and Martin v. Loewis
    data attribute

This is the best so far.  Still is uncomfortable in my mouth, but I think
that is just because its new.  I'll start practicing.

Thank you all.

Laura Creighton