A modest indentation proposal

Erann Gat gat at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Nov 30 15:05:34 EST 2001

In article <slrna0fill.3bh.delgado at eva17.Mathematik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>,
delgado at eva17.Mathematik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE (Olaf Delgado) wrote:

> Here's another suggestion: legalize a semicolon on a line by
> itself. Thus the code above would look something like this:
>
> biff()        # Line 0
> for x in l:   # Line 1
>   foo()       # Line 2
>   baz()       # Line 3
>   ;
> bar()         # Line 4

This would be fine with me.  (Double-semicolon on a line is another
possibility.)  It doesn't matter to me at all what convention is used as
long as it's standardized and not too verbose.  It should probably also be
backwards-compatible (and perhaps optional) to help answer some of the
objections that have been raised.

E.