Teaching python (programming) to children

Brian Elmegaard brian at rk-speed-rugby.dk
Tue Nov 6 02:21:35 EST 2001

Paul Rubin <phr-n2001d at nightsong.com> writes:

> What age of children are you talking about?  I think not everyone here
> is thinking of "children" as meaning the same thing.

True, and I find your first answer about logo very interesting. I
think ages 9-12, I guess. After they have learned to read and write
their native language, but they don't necessarily have to have learned
a high level of abstract thinking.

My idea is that programming your own utilities could be taught at
close to the same age as where you begin to learn word processing,
power point,...

--
Brian (remove the sport for mail)
http://www.rk-speed.dk http://fiduso.dk http://sunsite.auc.dk/dk-tug