Sockets and messaging services

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Wed Nov 28 04:10:26 EST 2001

shriek at gmx.co.uk (Stephen) wrote in message news:<97ae44ee.0111112119.e8f42d2 at posting.google.com>...
> I have a CGI script which takes a HTTP request then sends
> a message to a custom server built on top of SocketServer.ThreadingTCPServer.
> Not that there is much chance of webserver CGI saturating the latter,
> but does Python have a messaging framework, similar to JMS for Java ?
> http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Networking/messaging/

As far as messaging frameworks go, for something a bit different, have a
look at OSE. The web site is:

  http://ose.sourceforge.net

It contains Python interfaces for a HTTP servlet framework, and a distributed
messaging framework. Thus, you can have a service in one process which you
send requests to from the HTTP servlet in a different process, using the
response to generate your HTML etc.