IsPython really O-O?

Tim Hammerquist tim at vegeta.ath.cx
Tue Nov 13 22:16:14 EST 2001

Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> graced us by uttering:
> ianb at colorstudy.com (Ian Bicking) wrote:
>> If you look under the hood, Python is much more like Smalltalk than
>> Java.
>
> I'm having trouble parsing that.  Which of the following did you mean?
>
> 1) Python is more like Smalltalk that Python is like Java
> 2) Python is more like Smalltalk than Java is like Smalltalk

I grokked it as meaning case 2.

That's what we get for using English.  Now if we used Latin, we wouldn't
have to rely on the relative location of words in a sentence to
determine meaning...  ;)

On that note:
    http://search.cpan.org/doc/DCONWAY/Lingua-Romana-Perligata-0.50/README

Sorry 'bout the OT, but it seems Mr. Conway is both quite adept and very
much a masochistic hacker.

Tim Hammerquist
--
I'll keep him as an insurance policy, since,
unfortunately, I can't kill him twice.