wxPython: problems with doubleclick

Kragen Sitaker kragen at pobox.com
Tue Nov 27 17:18:12 EST 2001

Uwe Schmitt <uwe at rocksport.de> writes:
> just a little problem: I use wxFileDialog in order to load data.
> When I select a file with a double-click, the second click is buffered,
> that is, the file is opened and the buffered click yields painting
> in the canvas...
>
> How can I avoid this behavior ? Is there a possibility to empty
> this mouse click buffer ???

I don't think you can avoid this reliably, although I'm not familiar
with wxPython.  What if the dialog box is completely gone and
forgotten by the second click?  The click won't have to wait around in
any buffers, it'll just be processed.

I wonder if the dialog box could be convinced to hang around and
discard clicks until two or three times the double-click interval.
I'm not sure this is something I'd want.  Perhaps saving a file could
reset the painting tool to a no-op tool?