python vs ecmascript

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Nov 27 12:16:24 EST 2001

    >> Python library reference:
    >> 2.1.5.2 String Formatting Operations

    >> (I had to search long and hard for it too. Sometimes the manual could
    >> be a bit more cross referenced.)

    Yong> Agree, and maybe the index should be a little more comprehensive.

Take a look at the "development" docs.  The general index is at

    http://python.sourceforge.net/devel-docs/lib/genindex.html

and is about 330kbytes long and contains about 4500 index entries.  If you
search for "formatting" or "printf" or "sprintf", you'll find several links
to it.  I think the Lib Ref index is getting pretty darn comprehensive.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)