Solving Partial Differential equation in Python

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Sun Nov 4 07:27:17 EST 2001

On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, Calvin wrote:

>Greetings,
>	Did anyone have the experience in solving a PDE numerically in Python.
>The PDE is a Euler-Lagrange equation. In fact it is a simulation of LCD
>modeling. I search the web and find many libraries like Numeric Python.
>But I cannot find any library aim at solving PDE. So I think I have to
>design my own Algorithm. Could anyone help me.

Probably, if you could find library like LAPACK for linear algebra
and use SWIG to make bindings to C for Python, you will have
PDE solving functionality in Python.

I am not sure how such library is called, but that is a task for google.

>-Calvin

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Sunday, November 04, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/