Is Stackless Python DEAD?

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Fri Nov 9 05:21:33 EST 2001

Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> writes:

> I wasn't trying to justify the existing implementation, just explain it.

Thanks, and that is much appreciated. I'll save your article for
future reference; it has many details that anybody diving into
stackless should know.

> Yeesss, but does anyone have the time for this?  I mean, I've just
> spent an hour or so I probably shouldn't have writing this article,
> and I've barely scratched the surface.

Same with me, when I inspected the diffs a few days ago. I'm not
saying that you should be the one cleaning it all up, either. I just
wanted to make it clear that it is not lack of interest that Stackless
isn't integrated into core Python yet, but that a lot of work needs to
be done to the code before an integration could be attempted.

So answering the question in the subject: Stackless Python is not
dead; it is just a sleeping beauty, waiting for a prince to kiss her
awake.

Regards,
Martin