debugging with ddd

Burkhard Kayser burkhard.kayser at t-online.de
Sun Nov 18 12:26:50 EST 2001

Hi,
I'm new to python and like to debug my scripts with ddd.
If I invoke the debugger with ddd -pydb test.py, than the source code is
not loaded. If I load the source code by means of File->Open Source, than
the script is loaded and executed immediately. After restarting (
Program->Restart ) I can debug the script.

I use ddd 3.2.1 on SuSe 7.0. Unfortunately pydb was not in the package
which Suse delivered. Hence I used the pydb version which comes with ddd
3.3.1. Is this the problem ?

Can somebody help me.

Thanks