Tkinter Crash under PythonWin

Wolfgang Strobl ws at mystrobl.de
Mon Nov 12 16:57:14 EST 2001

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001 21:08:03 GMT, "Neil Hodgson"
<nhodgson at bigpond.net.au> wrote :

>   A modified version of the OnFileRun method of InteractivePythonApp is
>attached to this mail. This method is in the
>Pythonwin\pywin\framework\intpyapp.py file.
>
>   This patch detects if you have the Scroll Lock key on when using File |
>Run and if so runs the current script in a new process and console rather
>than in the current process. It starts up the script with the -i flag so the
>new console goes interactive after running the script. Many variations are
>possible, such as dropping the -i and using various options of the
>CreateProcess call to run invisibly or with different permissions or in a
>different directory. Only tested on W2K.

Nice! I tried it with
PythonWin 2.1.1 (#20, Jul 26 2001, 11:38:51) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32
but, alas, it didn't work.

>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "H:\Python21\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\intpyapp.py", line 349,
in OnFileRun
    dirOfScript, starter)
TypeError: CreateProcess() takes exactly 9 arguments (7 given)
win32ui: Error in Command Message handler for command ID 36864, Code 0
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "H:\Python21\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\intpyapp.py", line 349,
in OnFileRun
    dirOfScript, starter)
TypeError: CreateProcess() takes exactly 9 arguments (7 given)
win32ui: Error in Command Message handler for command ID 36864, Code 0

I added 0,0  and then  None,win32process.STARTUPINFO() to the parameter
list, but in vain. Now it says "TypeError: an integer is required". Oh
well.

--
Wir danken für die Beachtung aller Sicherheitsbestimmungen