And Now for Something Completely Different! (was: Monty Python (was: Freeware Python editor))

Duncan Smith buzzard at urubu.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Nov 5 16:30:20 EST 2001

"Gary Stephenson" <garys at ihug.com.au> wrote in message
news:9s538j$qo1$1 at bugstomper.ihug.com.au...
> > > The patriot (scoundrel??) in me wishes to point out that Spike was /
is
> an
> > > Australian - though I imagine many Brits would be somewhat upset to
> learn
> > > this <g>.
> >
> > Yet he was born in India and (now) holds an Irish passport (as a result
of
> > having an Irish father (English mother? not sure)).  Has he ever held an
> > Australian passport?
>
> Umm, errr,  you've got me there!  I'd  forgotten that he was born in
India.
> We here downunder have just always claimed him as one of our own - and
will
> continue to do so, you festering putrid pile of maggot infested batsh*t, I
> blow my nose at you, I fart in your general direction ...  and if you want
> to argue any further about it I suggest you need the room down the hall!
>  This is abuse! )

I can't think of a good Pythonesque response, so here's a Groucho quote
that's a bit Milliganesque.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark
to read.
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

And a little tale about the late great Peter Cook:

At the start of his career, Peter applied to the actor's
union for membership. They wrote back telling him he
would have to change his name as there was a Peter Coke
and this might cause some confusion. The regulations were
very strict in this regard. Peter wrote to them saying that
in future he would be known as Xavier Blancmange to which
the union replied that this was a silly name. He then
suggested Wardrobe Gruber and Sting Thundercock.
He never heard from the union on the subject again.

Duncan