Installing Python > 2.1: make fails in posixmodule.c

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Nov 28 07:08:47 EST 2001

Elmar Höfner <elmar.hoefner at uibk.ac.at> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> When I try to compile Python, version 2.1.1 and up, 'make' stops in
> posixmodule.c with following message:
[schnipp]
> Rerunning make after 'make clean' didn't help.
> I also couldn't find a bug report on sourceforge concerning this.

Didn't look hard enough:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=5470&atid=105470&func=detail&aid=440522

I'm pretty that fix went into 2.1.1 though.  Which version are you
compiling?  2.1.1 and current CVS don't have PRIO_PROCESS at line
1145.

> Has anybody any hint or tip on how to get around this?

Try current CVS?  Tell us which version you're compiling?

Cheers,
M.

--
  That being done, all you have to do next is call free() slightly
  less often than malloc(). You may want to examine the Solaris