sys.prefix in COM

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Wed Nov 28 17:36:29 EST 2001

"Bill Bell" <bill-bell at bill-bell.hamilton.on.ca> writes:

> David Bolen <db3l at fitlinxx.com> wrote, in part:
> > sag at hydrosphere.com (Sue Giller) writes, in part:
> > > I hate the registry - hassles abound.  I would rather do anything
> > > else including hard coding the path and forcing other users to use
> > > my paths :)
> >
> > There's not much different from adding such a key to the registry
> > (just publish a .reg file for your users to use) and hardcoding a
> > path.
>
> Sue and David,
>
> I haven't been following this thread. However, I wonder what would
> make you use a .reg rather than just doing the registry
> manipulations in the Python?

This was in the context of providing an application to some other user
on a different machine.  Providing a .reg file seems easiest to me
since the end user can just double click on that and import it
directly to make the necessary tweaks to their registry.

But sure, any approach that updates the registry entries (including
doing it as part of a full installation) would be fine too.

--
-- David