ZPT and WYSIWYG HTML tools.

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 29 14:23:56 EST 2001

Hi All,

I've been looking at ZPT, and it's very good. I've been looking for
something like it for a while, and was toying with the idea of coding
something similar myself. For those who don't know what ZPT is, check
out

http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZPT/VisionStatement

The most important thing about ZPT for me is that it will (hopefully)
survive the trip in and out of WYSIWYG HTML editing tools like
DreamWeaver. This is really important for me because the guy who does
our HTML page design is great with such tools, but he couldn't write a
line of code if his life depended on it. Therefore, asking him to get
his head around things likle *SP, Cheetah, etc, is just out of the
question. It's almost guaranteed that between him and the WYSIWYG
tool, any logic embedded in the HTML would get fouled up.

We've been using DreamWeaver up to now for HTML editing. But I've just
read a UseNet message which stated that there were problems with ZPT
and Dreamweaver, but didn't actually give any details.

Does anyone have any details of such ZPT/DreamWeaver problems?

Does anyone know of any GUI editing tools that DO work seamlessly with
ZPT?

TIA,

Alan.