search path

Jive Dadson jdadson at ix.netcom.com
Fri Nov 2 19:54:06 EST 2001

I R'd the FM, but I can't figure it out:  How do I set the search path
Python uses to find modules?

The documentation that came with Python says it uses an enviornment
variable named PYTHONPATH.  What kind of environment variable?  I'm
running this under Windows (spit!).  I looked under Settings/Control
Panel/System/Environment, but I found no variable named PYTHONPATH in
either the user variables or system variables.  Yet, Python is finding a
path somewhere, because I can view it by typing sys.path in the Python
console window.  It contains stuff it could not have known about before
I installed Python on my machine.

I tried adding a Windows (spit!) system variable called PYTHONPATH, but
it had no effect.

Jive