Question to those who know both Java & Python pretty well...

Spendius spendius at MailAndNews.com
Sat Nov 17 10:59:06 EST 2001

Hi,
I'll be quick here: could those amongst you people who know
Java AND Python rather well (for having worked using both
languages for several months) tell me in which measure these
2 languages differ ?

I don't know Python AT ALL, and am a beginner in Java, but
I happened to fall on articles and/or web pages that made
me considering starting working with Python. Does this language
have some specific purposes (like file processing, web etc.) ?
Are its graphical capabilities as rich and various as Java's ?

What are the advantages and defaults of them ?

I'm expecting serious answers, please... Thanks a lot !
Spendius