Should we trust .NET? (was Re: PHP vs. Python/comp.lang.php?)

Tim Hammerquist tim at vegeta.ath.cx
Wed Nov 28 04:13:58 EST 2001

Oleg Broytmann <phd at phd.pp.ru> graced us by uttering:

Has my killfile score expired already?

[ snip ]
>> More precisely, it's never been in Bill's pocketbook's best
>> interest to be compatible with the rest of the world.
>>
>> It's _always_ been in MS's best interest to be compatible. There's
>> more than enough money in the industry to support Microsoft and
>> any other vendors.
>
>    There are other merits, not only money. Corporations want power
> even more than money. Down with non-free software.

For lack of an explicit smiley, I'll take that as troll bait.

(Besides, your sig is bringing back painful memories of my TRS-80.)

> --
>   Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru
>         Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN.

Tim Hammerquist
--
In 1968 it took the computing power of 2 C-64's to fly a rocket to the moon.
Now, in 1998 it takes the Power of a Pentium 200 to run Microsoft Windows 98.