urllib.urlencode has 2 parameters??

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shalehperry at home.com
Tue Nov 20 13:07:41 EST 2001

On 20-Nov-2001 Matthew D. Wood wrote:
> I've been staring at the documentation page for urllib for about 15
> minutes, and experimenting around on the python-command-line trying to
> figure out what the second parameter for urllib.urlencode does.
>
> Does anyone know?  I'm very confused.

def urlencode(query, doseq=0):
If any values in the query arg are sequences and doseq is true, each
    sequence element is converted to a separate parameter.

That is from urllib.urlencode.__doc__.  Also, most of python's modules are in
python so you can just read the urllib.py file and it is explained there in
comments and code.