Solving Partial Differential equation in Python

Paul Rubin phr-n2001d at nightsong.com
Mon Nov 5 13:59:14 EST 2001

"John J. Lee" <jjl at pobox.com> writes:
> All I know about numerical solution of PDEs is that it isn't a
> one-size-fits-all problem: it's a big subject, and there is no single
> algorithm, or even LAPACK-sized collection of algorithms, that will solve
> all PDE problems.

I'm no numerics expert, but the OP asked specifically about an
Euler-Lagrange equation.  If that's the same type as found in
classical mechanics then it's likely there's some libraries around
specifically aimed at it.

Yes, PDE's in general are a very complicated subject but this may be a
special case.