Newbie: Using MySQL

Gillou nospam at bigfoot.com
Mon Nov 12 18:06:16 EST 2001

"Jordan Elver" <jord.elver at virgin.net> a écrit dans le message news:
mailman.1005440233.15939.python-list at python.org...
> Hi, First post to the list :-)

Welcome...

> Could someone point me in the right direction for MySQL using Python
> db = MySQLdb.Connect(host=db_host, user=db_user, passwd=db_passwd,
db=db_db)

> Thanks for any help.

Your connection object constructor sounds good.
What's the error message ?

Did you try this from a shell on your console:

$ mysql -h db_host -u db_user -p db_passwd db_db

Then play with any "mysql> select ..."

If any problem, ask your mysql admin to add:

mysql> grant all on db_db.* to db_user%your_client_hostname_or_IP identified
by "db_passwd";

And retry your script

HTH

--Gillou