SWIG/Python on Windows

DD ddart at doradosoftware.com
Fri Nov 2 14:47:53 EST 2001

Has anybody used SWIG with Python on Windows without Microsoft Visual
C++?  I'm having problems getting the hellolib example in the
Extending Python chapter from "Programming Python" to compile with
gcc.  I'm getting undefined reference errors to "Py..." functions, ex:
PyString_FromString.  All the examples I can find on the web use MSVC
and I can't find an example for compiling a DLL using a makefile.

BTW:  Has anybody on this list done an integration between Perforce
and PVCS Tracker?  The above issue is holding me up from using P4DTI,
which otherwise looks like a decent solution.

thanks,
DD