Exception holes, again.

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Nov 5 07:47:29 EST 2001

"Dale Strickland-Clark" <dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk> wrote in ...
> On a related subject to the earlier exceptions wart thread.
>
> I want to trap the specific 'api_error' exception raised by win32api.
>
> I can't find where that exception is defined so how do I catch it?
>
> I have searched the whole Python installation for the string
> 'api_error' but it isn't there.

Dale:

If you can persuade the Python interpreter to raise this error, surely the
exception traceback tells you exactly what you need to check for in terms of
module.exceptionname? Or am I mistaken? The exception is probably defined in
an extension library.

regards
 Steve
--