Non-Indented python

Michael Kelly mkelly2002NOSPAM at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 23 20:38:46 EST 2001

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001 17:31:51 +0000 (UTC), Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk
<qrczak at knm.org.pl> wrote:

>This would be a bad idea:
>- using tab width of any other size than 8 is evil,
>- 8 is too much for indentation in programming; 2 to 4 is good.

I have to agree.  In any event, the amount of space one can save
by using hard tabs is trivial compared to compressing the script.
With fast cheap reliable compression components and huge
hard drives we have these days it would seem that any benefit
to using hard tabs doesn't justify the hassles they cause.  I'm
sure there are situations where one is stuck with them due to
the "backward compatibility" dragon, like CR/LF in Dos-derived
systems.  But if you don't gadda' use 'em I wouldn't. :)

Mike

--

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
    -- Groucho Marx