Python IDE Opinion Request

Trond Eivind Glomsrød teg at redhat.com
Sun Nov 18 21:43:56 EST 2001

"A. Keyton Weissinger" <keyton at weissinger.org> writes:

> 1) Do you use a code editor (SlickEdit, emacs, etc) or an IDE (IDLE, etc)?
> Why?

Emacs. It's the editor I prefer (and use for everything else), it's
extremely customizable and there is a nice python mode available for
it.

> 2) Are there any IDEs out there that allow me to do UIs easily (ala VB)? I
> don't want a big code generator, but being able to drag and drop some simple
> forms would be nice...

While not an IDE, glade is a nice UI designer which matches great with
python - it's what we use in many programs for Red Hat Linux.

It's included in Red Hat Linux, the website is
http://glade.gnome.org/

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.