Editor for Python: A PLEA

Tim Hammerquist tim at vegeta.ath.cx
Mon Nov 26 23:14:38 EST 2001

Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> graced us by uttering:
[ snip ]
> Well, if you have a fast internet connection, you can install Emacs, which
> has a vi emulation mode, so you really only need one editor.  ;-)
>
> from-someone-who-struggled-with-vi-for-a-couple-hours-today-ly, y'rs,

I'm a vi man myself.  I've made great strides recently in compiling vim
(my fave clone) with a python interpreter (ie, I can script Vim with
Python), as well as several other aspects.

I've learned, however, never to dog on Emacs in this ng. Emacs appears
to be very widely used among some Pythonistas, and I'm in the penalty
box as it is being a double agent (Python _and_ Perl!).

Besides, all I'd really need to run Emacs is 10 fingers...per hand. =)

Tim Hammerquist
--
Hackers who anthropomorphize are expressing not a vitalistic view
of a program behavior but a mechanistic view of human behavior.