[newbie] python no module pcre

Sylvain Thenault syt at gemini.logilab.fr
Mon Nov 26 10:58:45 EST 2001

On 26 Nov 2001 15:07:29, Wilfried Trabold <newsnet.trabold at gmx.at> wrote:

>Trying to install "narval"
>
>http://www.logilab.org/narval/
>
>on suse 7.3 i failed. it says that pcre couldn't be found
>but:
>
>whereis pcre
>pcre: /usr/include/pcre.h /usr/share/man/man3/pcre.3.gz
>
>any hints ?
>greetings
>bil
>
>me at mymachine:~> narval --debug

[snip traceback]

>    from Ft.Rdf.Drivers.Memory import DbAdapter
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/Ft/Rdf/Drivers/Memory.py",
>line 16, in ?
>    import string, re, pcre
>ImportError: No module named pcre

I think pcre is part of the standard python distribution. You should have
/usr/lib/python2.1/lib-dynload/pcre.so, or I guess you have a problem with
your python installation (maybe two installation dir, /usr/lib/python2.1 and
/usr/local/python2.1 ?)

If you have problem with narval, send questions to narval-en at lists.logilab.org
(or narval-fr at lists.logilab.org if you speak french ;)

--