Games Programmed in Python

Bill Tate tatebll at aol.com
Thu Nov 8 12:36:57 EST 2001

Pete Shinners <pete at shinners.org> wrote in message news:<3BEA23A3.8010907 at shinners.org>...
> > Could somebody direct me to some examples of games programmed in Python?
>
> well, you could start with the game i've written, SolarWolf.
> it's actually a great example of what can be done pretty easily in
> python. (unfortunately the server is a bit sketchy)
> http://shredwheat.zopesite.com/solarwolf
>
> this is done with the pygame library,
> http://www.pygame.org
>
> pygame is a wrapper for the SDL libraries. this is a great lowlevel
> framework for creating your own crossplatform games. there is an active
> projects page on the pygame site which can point you towards more...
> http://www.pygame.org/projects/

Pete,
This probably goes towards more of something to get excited about in
terms of what python is capable of.  Check out www.eve-online.com.
There FAQ page used to discuss how they are using Python's stackless
implementation - I'm presuming they still are using it since it was
part of the 'core' - very cool.