doc generator

Fernando Pérez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 16:48:24 EST 2001

> Itamar Trauring and Jurgen Hermann (sorry Jurgen, no umlaut key) are
> working on a "competitor" of HappyDoc's called Teud. It uses XSLT and
> lookes much better (IMO) than HappyDoc.
>
> http://twistedmatrix.com/users/jh.twistd/python/moin.cgi/TeudProject

Pardon the ignorance, but in which ways does this add to pydoc's
functionality? I went to their website and looked at the example page, and
the output is the exact same content I get from running pydoc -g, just with
uglier formatting and poor nesting structure. Since pydoc is already part of
Python officially, and offers a very powerful object introspection
infrastructure (via the inspect module), I'd like to understand what the
contribution of this project truly is.

I'm honestly not bashing its authors, I'm sure they've put a lot of work into
it. I'd just like to clarify in what areas it adds to something that's
already built into python, and which does a very good job.

Cheers,