Sequenced dictionaries

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at idi.ntnu.no
Mon Nov 5 09:05:51 EST 2001

"Morten W. Petersen" <morten at thingamy.net> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.21.0111051436400.21948-100000 at bcryachts.atsat.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if there exists any C-based implementations of sequenced
> dictionaries, i.e. dictionaries that will remember the order of the
> objects 'added' on it.
>
> I have a pure python implementation [1] but suspect that it will be
> too slow..  Alternatively, if anyone could have a look at it and give
> some optimization tips, that would be greatly appreciated.

Well... You might want to keep around a dictionary (redundantly) for
quicker lookups, possibly a separate dictionary for sequence number
or something. And you probably ought to use lists (and change them
with del, insert, and the like) instead of creating new tuples all the
time. I think quite a lot of speedup can be gained by modifying your
Python code.

> [1]
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/warp-framework/war
p_framework/zen.py?rev=1.14&content-type=text/plain

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                       The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                       http://anygui.sf.net