C-extension in Python -- returning results

Keith Farmer deoradh at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 01:18:33 EST 2001

Results:

Caching the dataset for the original function, I'm able to derive the
polynomials at a rate of about 1000 sample points per 0.8 secs
(hundreds to thousands of times faster than non-cached).  For a 10k
sample polynomial derivation, rms and max errors from the original
function are on the order of 1e-7 (some 1e-5, but not many).

Now to get this derivation automated and demand-driven.  *That* can
happen entirely in Python.

Thanks for the help on the IEEE returns.  The hint led me fairly
quickly to the error.

Keith