RogueLike Games in Python

Philip Swartzleonard starx at pacbell.net
Mon Nov 26 07:04:56 EST 2001

A. Keyton Weissinger || Wed 21 Nov 2001 08:01:10p:

> Anyone know of any written completely (i.e. not just partially) in
> Python?
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> Keyton

I've had plans for something along the lines of a 3d roguelike (how's that
for a contradiction :) + 1001 other things kinda game (Civilization like
world in background, space travel + other vheicles, advanced npcs, text
adventure elements, possiblity of shperical-bounding and realtime (paused
like in xcom3 or not like in multiplayer) but it would break a possible text
display but ... :\, etc etc etc).

I've finally come to the conclusion that it's either going to be written in
python using pygame and or wxwindows, or be a SDL (or glut even...)
framework with an embedded interperter and .pys for all the non-display-crit
stuff. (i.e. 98% of my effort, 2% of cpu time)

I might be able to make an aplha by 2005-2007 or so :) (Though i should
probably work on my mild- and medium-insanity ideas first: a 3d goban of
coolnees and a 'bandit kings of ancent china (and every other koei game)'
clone :))

end_insane_rambling_and_go_to_bed( 3 hours ago )

--
Philip Sw "Starweaver" [rasx] :: www.rubydragon.com - a few thousand lines
     [*BROKEN]                   of PHP, HTML, and CSS; but still useless*