[website] OOMadness site open ! OO stuff and genetic algo.

Jiba a11w at SoftHome.net
Fri Nov 9 13:47:12 EST 2001

I've just opened by website OOMadness at :

http://oomadness.tuxfamily.org/

There's currently 2 interesting Python packages :

----------- PyObjTool 0.1 -----------

WHAT IT IS : Different interesting modules for extreme OO programming !

EventObj : add change-event to any Python object, so you will be notified
for all object modification.

TreeWidget : (yet another) tree widget for Tkinter; this one is optimized
for big number of nodes (10000+).

EditObj : edit any Python object in a property list. Support also edition
of lists and dicts. (yes, it is what java calls a "bean editor", but for
Python !)

WHAT IT IS: Genetic algorythms in Python.

I do not pretend to follow exately nature laws, but rather to try and
experiment new Python programming ways !

There's also a module for genetic programming, but result are
disappointing...

The package includes several Tkinter demos (TSP, ...), enjoy !