[OT] PostgreSQL Book

python at commandprompt.com python at commandprompt.com
Mon Nov 26 21:07:49 EST 2001

Hello,

Well, we didn't want to do what the Addison Wesley book did. The A&W book
is about 500 pages and IMHO doesn't cover any topic in depth. Not to
mention most of it is regurgitated from the website.

We were able to produce 600 pages or original in depth material. The only
chapter than could probably use some real beefing up is the JDBC chapter.

Basically we want to present a solid book. If we were going to produce a
python chapter, I would prefer (and we are talking about it) to have a
book that covered say, Python and Perl... for a total of about 500/600
pages.