The Editor Poll results are in!

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Wed Nov 28 21:11:56 EST 2001

The results are in!

Emacs: 13
    Rude people that use emacs: 1. >:-P (No, RMS did not reply.)
*MicroSoft* Visual SlickEdit: 1 brave soul
ActiveState Komodo 1.1: 1 lone voice
Vim (NOT vi): 7592
    Really cool people that use Vim: All of 'em.

This poll had a total of 7607 respondents, myself included. Therefore, if you
are using emacs and you haven't tried vim yet, you should know that you are
in the minority here! HAHAHA! How does it feel to be the underdog now? NYA
NYA NYA NYA NYA!

This poll is not affected in any way to my aversion to Emacs. Nope, not one
bit. I am, after all, a saint, because I use Vim. =) I also remembered to
*accidentally* delete the emails so...

Jonathan

* Disclaimer for the tragically humor-impaired: No, I don't hate emacs. No, I
don't hate you. (Well, maybe YOU, but not you.) Yes, I did manipulate the
results, and yes, I am a jerk. Yes, it looks like about 75% of the people
here use emacs. Can't blame them - python mode is really good.