Quick question about private/public methods

modman modman at altavista.com
Wed Nov 14 22:44:48 EST 2001

Why does python not provide for this? it can not possibly hurt any
functionality can it? I sort of like the public/private Idea cause it
hides the actual methods from the person using the class and the person
only needs to know a few little things about what they can pass to the
method it also makes the implementation of a class easier to understand
when public methods like getEggType() and spamType() are used.

just wondering cause I was messing with Python just before I started
into C++ at school and I thought that the public/private Idea was pretty
cool.

Thanks,

Jeremy