Free Python Server

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Sun Nov 25 15:32:48 EST 2001

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 05:45:35PM +0000, Stephen Smith wrote:
> I am currently using port5.com, and I don't like the service.  What are some
> of those Russian ones?

   3 sites of Agava.ru: hut.ru, holm.ru, h1.ru. They differ in some minor
conditions in rules abd rights. All use ssh2. Servers: FreeBSD. Also they
do: unlimited www space, but only for HTML pages, ftp, mail forwrding,
statistics, .htaccess, MySQL (for sites that have at least 50 unique hits a
day). Perl5 and PHP, there are  number of predefined scripts. No Python,
but I installed my own on phd.hut.ru.
   I tried to compile Python myself, but failed - initial disk quota is 30
Megs. So I went to our office server (almost identical FreeBSD), compiled
it and uploaded :)
   If there will be enough requests to install Python system-wide - I
beleive they'll install it.

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru