Microphone input

Kevin Russell krussll at cc.umanitoba.ca
Fri Nov 23 18:43:55 EST 2001

Jesper Olsen wrote:

> Does python have e.g. a "Multimedia" module, with functions supporting
> input from a microphone?
>
> Java has this, but I have not been able to find something like it for
> python.
>
> Jesper

There's no standard module for sound.  But check out the "Sound"
category at the Vaults of Parnassus.  There are a few platform-specific
modules that may be able to do what you need.  If you need something
more cross-platform and can stand the overhead of Tkinter, you can
use the Python wrappers for Kare Sjolander's Snack module for TCL.

-- Kevin