Exception holes, again.

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 05:51:07 EST 2001

"Steve Holden" <sholden at holdenweb.com> wrote:

>"Dale Strickland-Clark" <dale at riverhall.co.uk> wrote ...
>> Thanks that looks promising.
>>
>> This whole area is still a dogs breakfast, though.
>>
>> The fact that I have to spend 2 hours hunting around to find out how
>> to catch an exception is a nonsense.
>
>No, it's an indication that PythonWin's documentation needs improving.
>
>The fact that you made this last posting is clearly an indication that you
>are pissed off about it. Just remember all the *good* things you've got from
>Python ;-)
>
>smile-and-the-world-smiles-with-you-ly y'rs  - steve

It shouldn't be down to documentation. I am becoming more convinced by
the idea that the lanaguage should *allow* you to define a formal
interface, even if only by convention.

Something like:

__raises__ = [exception list]

In the class, method or function definition would be tacky but good
enough if there was a convenient way to access the info from your
favourite IDE. Although, that doesn't really address the problem of
finding the exception definitions.
--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Riverhall Systems Ltd