IDLE improvement?

Fernando Pérez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 25 11:26:16 EST 2001

Chris Barker wrote:

> forgotten gentleman wrote:
>> - The interactive prompt's memory is cleared and restarted
>
> This is very difficult in an IDE that is running in the same interpreter
> as the code. There is no easy way to "clear and restart" the interactive
> prompt
>
> too bad, it's a feature I'd like to see.

In a few days I'll announce IPython, a project I'm working on which is a
replacement for the interactive prompt with a ton of enhancements. This is
one of the features it supports (it may not be perfect, but seems to work for
me). Something like IDLE could (if it wanted to) use IPython for its prompts.

Cheers,

F.