Teaching python (programming) to children

Brian Elmegaard brian at rk-speed-rugby.dk
Fri Nov 9 02:41:53 EST 2001

"Arthur Siegel" <ajs at ix.netcom.com> writes:

> The problem with this slant is that there is little justification to bring
> the
> necessary resources to bear for "teaching programming languages to all
> (or most) schoolchildren" if the end result is scripts cataloging mp3s.

Math is taught even though everyone doesn't have to be a scientist.
My original question was based on that I think that with an easily
written and understood, running pseudo code language, learning
programming may be much easier.

> CP4E boat when we focus on one hand on training computer scientists
> starting at age 12, or, on the other, believing that the educational value
> of
> the context of the programming-related curriculum is not of the essence.

Good point but I believe the problem can be handled.
--
Brian (remove the sport for mail)
http://www.rk-speed.dk http://fiduso.dk http://sunsite.auc.dk/dk-tug