Online tutorials

Fernando Pérez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 14:42:24 EST 2001

Ryan Wendt wrote:

> Does anyone know of any good tutorials? I have gone through all the
> tutorials on the python.org site, so I know the basics, but I would like
> to learn more than that.

More tutorial-type:
http://diveintopython.org/toc.html

Just a language reference, but super-useful:
http://www.brunningonline.net/simon/python/PQR2.1.html

>From D. Beazley's (the guy who wrote Swig and the Python Essential
Reference book, the most useful python book IMO) page at
http://systems.cs.uchicago.edu/~beazley the following are good (the first
two are also pdf's, go to his main page for the links):

- tutorial:
http://systems.cs.uchicago.edu/~beazley/tutorial/beazley_intro_python/Slides/SLIDE001.HTM

- more advanced:
http://systems.cs.uchicago.edu/~beazley/tutorial/beazley_advanced_python/Slides/SLIDE001.HTM

- new stuff in 2.0, nice summary (no pdf that I can see):
http://systems.cs.uchicago.edu/~beazley/tutorial/newfeatures/SLIDE001.HTM

There's also always google (type python tutorial and you'll get a ton of
links).

f.