Q: Feature Wish: "%" Extension

Huaiyu Zhu huaiyu at gauss.almadan.ibm.com
Wed Nov 7 15:39:20 EST 2001

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001 23:58:30 -0500, Tim Peters <tim.one at home.com> wrote:

>No threads on c.l.py end up being about Hitler.  Not even this one!  Indeed,
>I expect this one to veer into transfinite cardinals before I finish this
>sentence.
>
>python-needs-a-transfinite-cardinal-type-ly y'rs  - tim

Is there a way to bound the computational resources needed for such beasts?

I would think a type of algebraic numbers would be much more useful than
transfinite cardinals, but to do it properly perhaps requires a whole
computational algebra package.

On a related issue: How practical would the proposed rational type be for
serious computation considering that the results of simple operations are
likely to grow in size for both numerators and denominators?

just-trying-to-keep-the-thread-alive-ly y'rs

Huaiyu