A modest indentation proposal

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Fri Nov 30 18:37:15 EST 2001

"Erann Gat" <gat at jpl.nasa.gov> wrote ...
> <brueckd at tbye.com> wrote:

[ ... ]

> Now from here on how the story goes is up to you.  If you simply insist
> that the problem doesn't exist you will lose, at least in the short run,
> because for the moment "they" *just know* that it's a problem (in much the
> same way that they *just know* that C++ *isn't* a problem).  If, on the
> other hand, you can show that the community recognizes the problem and has
> a solution then you win.  You are the community.  It's up to you.

Interesting that these engineering choices are made on the same irrational
grounds there that they are in many other less competent organizations.
Clearly all US citizens using Python should ask their congressperson to
withdraw support for further funding for NASA until it starts using Python!

Given the high visibility of the missions I suspect I'd rather have someone
else's favorite language up on that pedestal :-)

regards
 Steve
--
http://www.holdenweb.com/