Keeping Python loaded

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Sat Nov 24 06:24:53 EST 2001

"Matt Gerrans" <mgerrans at ix.netcom.com> writes:

> Is there some existing facility for keeping Python running in memory
> at all times, ready to execute scripts, rather than having it load
> each time a script runs?  I think I can figure out a way to do this,
> but I wanted to check first and see if a clever solution (probably
> better than what I'm brewing) already exists...

There are a number of specialized solutions, like mod_python or
mod_snake for Apache, or like Zope. Likewise, the CGIHTTPServer.py
only forks, instead of exec'ing.

The tricky part is how to tell Python to load and execute another
script. If that is solved, execfile may be all you need.

Regards,
Martin