[ANN] Python and C++ - Support Available

David Abrahams david.abrahams at rcn.com
Thu Nov 1 13:45:27 EST 2001

Is combining Python and C++ code essential to your work?

Python and C++ complement one another wonderfully, but interfacing them
using Python's 'C' API can be tedious and error-prone.

Boost.Python (http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/index.html) is a popular
tool for interfacing Python to C++, allowing you to easily expose C++
classes in Python as though they were regular Python classes. As it's
author, I have recently begun offering commercial support for Boost.Python,
ensuring that it will receive continued attention. I would be happy to
discuss additional support contracts with interested parties.

The Boost Python Library is distributed under the Boost License Requirements
(http://www.boost.org/more/lib_guide.htm#License), which are as follows:

  a.. Must be simple to read and understand.
  b.. Must grant permission to copy, use and modify the software for any use
(commercial and non-commercial) for no fee.
  c.. Must require that the license appear on all copies of the software
source code.
  d.. Must not require that the license appear with executables or other
binary uses of the library.
  e.. Must not require that the source code be available for execution or
other binary uses of the library.
  f.. May restrict the use of the name and description of the library to the
standard version found on the Boost web site.

  David Abrahams, C++ library designer for hire
 resume: http://users.rcn.com/abrahams/resume.html

        C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org)
          email: david.abrahams at rcn.com