How do you get persistent database connections with Python?

robin at execulink.com robin at execulink.com
Sat Nov 17 13:03:34 EST 2001

Gerhard Häring <gh_pythonlist at gmx.de> wrote:

>There are three alternatives to PyGreSQL: pyPgSQL, psycopg and PoPy (I'm
>a developer in the pyPgSQL project). I'd recommend you check out the
>alternatives, too if you're interested in a good db module 4 PG. Iff you
>want to continue using PyGreSQL, I recommend you check out the latest
>version from *PostgreSQL* CVS - it contains several bugfixes when
>compared to the latest "released" version of PyGreSQL (3.2).

Gerhard is too nice to say it, but you should start with his interface
and go from there. Our company has spent significant time trying out
all available Postgres interfaces and pyPgSQL is the most robust and
bug-free.

I would like to see Python incorporate "best-of-breed" database
interfaces in the standard libraries to save work for new users and
consolidate development.

-----
robin
robin at brainexeculink.com