And Now for Something Completely Different! (was: Monty Python (was: Freeware Python editor))

Gary Stephenson garys at ihug.com.au
Tue Nov 6 23:33:14 EST 2001

"Delaney, Timothy" <tdelaney at avaya.com> wrote in message
> > From: Fredrik Lundh [mailto:fredrik at pythonware.com]
> > Gary Stephenson wrote:
> > > We here downunder have just always claimed him as one of our own
> >
> > like ABBA?
>
> We've never claimed ABBA. We merely claim to have made them popular and
> famous ...
>
> Tim Delaney

Umm, I'm not really sure this is a claim we should be making!  Next thing
you'll have us claiming responsibility for making disco popular - and then
they'll just have to shoot us!  ;-)   - senseless waste of human endeavour
and all that..

cheers,

gary

And now it's time for "Stake your claim".  Our first guest is  ...(???)

[compere (JC) ] What is your claim?

[claimant (TJ) ] That I can burrow through an elephant

[compere]  Ahhh,  now you've changed your claim - haven't you!  You
distinctly claimed that you could be...

(shot through the head? can't remember any more...)