Newbie: Using MySQL

John Leach john at ecsc.co.uk
Sat Nov 10 20:15:18 EST 2001

On Sun, 2001-11-11 at 00:55, Jordan Elver wrote:
> Could someone point me in the right direction for MySQL using Python
> tutorials etc. I've tried using the MySQLdb module (I think) and I
cannot
> connect. I know that the server is running and that the passwords are
correct?

> db = MySQLdb.Connect(host=db_host, user=db_user, passwd=db_passwd,
db=db_db)

looks fine to me, I've used it with no problems in a similar fashion.

What is the error message you get?

John Leach.
ECSC Ltd.

This email is intended solely for the addressee. When addressed to our
clients any opinions or advice contained are subject to the terms and
conditions expressed in the governing ECSC Conditions of Service.